The Troll is a versatile dirt road touring bicycle with all the bells and whistles necessary for an extended tour. Trolling the Limits of Exploration!
Troll is the expedition touring bike that started us down the winding, mostly unpaved path of dirt road touring. It’s fully equipped to get you out there — way out there — for very long periods of time and its highly versatile dropout design allows you to do so in a variety of ways. Singlespeed? Rohloff? Pulling a trailer? Yep. All of that and so much more.
Chances are, Troll can handle most of the ideas that are bouncing around your noggin. Feel like riding from Alaska to the tip of South America? You can load everything you need on Troll and still have plenty of space for “souvenirs.” The Troll can handle it even if you don’t think you can.
- Compatible with both disc and rim brakes
- All the accessory barnacles you could ever possibly ask for including rack and fender, multiple three-pack mounts and mid-blade.
- Gnot-Boost rear spacing with Rohloff torque arm slot and Bill/Ted trailer mount
- Clearance for 26" x 3" tires (26 x 2.8" with fenders)
- Frame Construction: 4130 Chromoly, Natch tubing, double-butted main triangle, TIG welded, ED coated
- Fork Construction: 4130 Chromoly, Natch tubing, double-butted tapered fork blades, TIG welded, ED coated
- Rear Dropout Configuration: Horizontal slotted with optional vertical dumpout
- Rear Hub Spacing: "Gnot-Boost" 145mm
12 x 142mm or 12 x 148mm (axle not inlcuded)
10 x 135mm with Surly 10/12 Adapter Washers (included)
- Front Hub Spacing: 10 x 100mm
- Rear Brake: Disc - 51mm I.S. (160mm max rotor) , Rim - Canti (removable posts)
- Front Brake: Disc - 51mm I.S. (203mm max rotor), Rim - Canti (removable posts)
- Head Tube: 34mm
- Steerer Tube: 28.6mm (1-1/8")
- Crown Race: 30mm (1-1/8")
- Stock Headset Upper (S.H.I.S.): EC34/28.6
- Stock Headset Lower (S.H.I.S.): EC34/30
- Seat Collar: 30mm
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur (Clamp): High direct mount top-pull (Ø28.6mm)
26mm offset adapter (included) for 142 or 135mm rear hub spacing, 29mm offset adapter (not included) for 148mm rear hub spacing
- Max Chainring (CL)1x (Mtn): 42T, 2x (Mtn): 34/44T, 3x (Mtn): 24/36/48T, 1x (Boost): 44T, 2x (Boost): 40/46T
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm threaded (1.37" x 24TPI)
- Tire Clearance Frame /: 26 x 3.0" (26 x 2.8" with fenders)
- Tire Clearance Fork : 26 x 3.0" (26 x 2.8" with fenders)
- Rigid Fork Spec: 420 x 43mm
- Max Suspension Fork Length : N/A
- Bottle Mounts Frame: 2 Three-Pack (XS): 1 Standard + 2 Three-Pack (S - XL)
- Bottle Mounts Fork: 4 Three-Pack
- Rack Mounts Frame: Yes (upper and lower threaded)
- Rack Mounts Fork: Yes (upper, lower, and mid-blade threaded)
- Fender Mounts Frame: Yes
- Fender Mounts Fork: Yes
- Other Features: Dedicated Rohloff cable routing and mount for OEM 2 axle plate, Dedicated Surly Trailer mounts
- Notes:  Different tire and rim combinations will result in different clearances.
 Depending on drivetrain configuration, tire clearance may be limited by the chain and not frame.
 Listed chainring clearance is worst case scenario. Clearances vary widely depending on components and configurations.