Complete Bikes: All bikes are available for free local pickup or paid shipping. Please contact us if you're interested in a shipping quote. Processing bike sales may take up to a week, we will contact you as soon as your bike is ready for pick up or shipping.
Framesets: We offer shipping on all framesets Canada-wide for a flat rate of $75.
(Excluding Bike/Frame Purchases)
- Free Local Pick-Up: You will receive notification as soon as your order is ready. We attempt to process these orders in less than an hour during opening hours. Orders placed during closed hours will be processed for opening the following day.
- Free Shipping Canada wide on orders over $150: All orders over $150 will be shipped free of charge via Canada Post Expedited Parcel excluding bikes, frame sets, and other oversize items (see below). Upgraded shipping available at buyer's expense.
- Oversize Items: We offer flat rate shipping on oversize items. Forks, handlebars, wire bead tires, floor pumps, racks, baskets and wraparound fenders have a $10 flat rate. Car racks, trailers and children's seats have a $35.00 to $65.00 flat rate depending on the item.
All orders headed to the USA have the following shipping options at the buyer's expense:
- Canada Post Tracked Packet USA (4 to 7 business days)
- Canada Post Expedited Parcel USA (4 to 7 business days)
- Canada Post Xpresspost USA (2 to 3 business days)
For international orders, please contact us.
Returns and Refunds Policy
Thank you for shopping at The Brake Room.
If, for any reason, You are not completely satisfied with a purchase, We invite You to review Our policy on refunds and returns.
The following terms are applicable for any products that You purchased with Us.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Return and Refund Policy:
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to The Brake Room, 34 Dundas Street E, Belleville ON.
Goods refer to the items offered for sale on the Service.
Orders mean a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
Service refers to the Website.
Website refers to The Brake Room, accessible from https://shop.thebrakeroom.com/
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Your Order Cancellation Rights
You are entitled to cancel Your Order within 14 days without giving any reason for doing so.
The deadline for cancelling an Order is 14 days from the date on which You received the Goods or on which a third party you have appointed, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the product delivered.
In order to exercise Your right of cancellation, You must inform Us of your decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by:
- By email: rebecca(@)thebrakeroom(.)com
We will reimburse You no later than 14 days from the day on which We receive the returned Goods. We will use the same means of payment as You used for the Order, and You will not incur any fees for such reimbursement.
Conditions for Returns
In order for the Goods to be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
- The Goods were purchased in the last 14 days
- The Goods are in the original packaging
The following Goods cannot be returned:
- The supply of Goods made to Your specifications or clearly personalized.
- The supply of Goods which according to their nature are not suitable to be returned, deteriorate rapidly or where the date of expiry is over.
- The supply of Goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
- The supply of Goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any merchandise that does not meet the above return conditions in our sole discretion.
Only regular priced Goods may be refunded. Unfortunately, Goods on sale cannot be refunded. This exclusion may not apply to You if it is not permitted by applicable law.
You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to Us. You should send the Goods to the following address:
The Brake Room: RETURNS
34 Dundas Street E
Belleville, ON K8N 1B5
We cannot be held responsible for Goods damaged or lost in return shipment. Therefore, We recommend an insured and trackable mail service. We are unable to issue a refund without actual receipt of the Goods or proof of received return delivery.
If the Goods were marked as a gift when purchased and then shipped directly to you, You'll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned product is received, a digital gift certificate will be emailed to You.
If the Goods weren't marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the Order shipped to themselves to give it to You later, We will send the refund to the gift giver.
If you have any questions about our Returns and Refunds Policy, please contact us:
- By email: laura(@)thebrakeroom(.)com
Last updated: October 05, 2021